Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Untitled by Cecile Bellamy


Untitled
Acrylic
24" x 20"
$290

One artist’s view of Spectrum Artworks:

Spectrum ArtWorks is the best thing that ever happened to me. To be in regular contact with professional artists, watching them develop their talent, being privy to their progress, has made me take my own art more seriously. In the Spectrum ArtWorks studio, surrounded by friends and artists, for the first time in my life, my mental illness is not a big deal.


Untitled is blue because…

I have a BFA in Fine Arts from The Minneapolis College of Art and design. I am accomplished in realism painting in oils. As an abstract artist I am a beginner, or maybe an intermediate…at any rate it is a challenge for me. Our theme, blue, stemmed from some discussion about the color and it’s association with depression. If depression is blue, then blue is a challenge. I want to take the next step. My challenge in the abstract piece, Untitled, was to communicate the deep melancholy of a turning, turbulent sky, but not too depressing, as I have hope in taking the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment